In September 2024, Athens, Greece will once again host the iMEdD International Journalism Forum. We are pleased to announce the official launch of our call for proposals. This in-person forum serves as a prominent gathering for journalists, media professionals, students and academics committed to the advancement and discussion of investigative journalism, unique narrative approaches, and international media trends.
Proposals must be submitted by March 15, 2024. Successful ones will be notified by April 15, 2024. Please note that, due to the high volume of submissions, we can only provide feedback to successful applicants.
How to Submit
Please fill in the online submission form
Your proposal may fall under one of the following categories:
- Panel Discussion (standard setup: 3 speakers + 1 moderator, duration up to 45 minutes)
- Keynote (1 to 2 speakers, duration up to 20 minutes)
- Case-study presentation (1 to 2 speakers, duration up to 20 minutes)
- Workshop (duration flexible)
- Other innovative formats (e.g., Live Journalism)
Please find last year’s agenda here for inspiration.
- Every proposal needs to center around concrete, applied skills, case studies or thought-provoking dialogues about journalism and media.
- We highly value proposals that showcase novel approaches, technologies, or methodologies within the field of journalism.
- We value inclusivity and diversity, and we enthusiastically consider proposals encompassing a wide range of experiences and points of view.
- English is the main language of the Forum. You should submit your proposal in English. Kindly verify that the individuals being proposed as speakers have a high level of English proficiency.
What we offer
- A forum where individuals can exchange their perspectives and make valuable contributions to the dynamic field of international journalism.
- A chance to discuss and present your work in front of international colleagues and credible organizations in the field.
- Opportunities for networking with various journalists, editors, scholars, and authorities in their field.
- Successful applicants will have their travel expenses covered while in Athens, Greece, for the duration of the Forum.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
We look forward to your innovative and insightful contributions. Join us in Athens for a stimulating and forward-thinking gathering!